Friday, June 1, 2012

SAVE THE DATE ! ! !

Well now . . .I am guessing it might be a done deal.  We got our long awaited e-mail with Gundars' and Elina's flight manifest attached yesterday afternoon.  That certainly makes it all the more real, and maybe even a bit, hmmmm, scary, shall we say.  Suffice it to say, we have much yet to get done.

We would LOVE as many of you as possible to join us at the airport to welcome the Latvian children from New Horizons for Children's Summer Hosting Program who come into D-FW Airport.  Texas will be the summer home to 11 orphan children from Latvia this summer as well as some from Ukraine.  There are three families from the north Texas area who are bringing a total of 5 children into their homes for the summer.

Mark your calendars and make your plans now to join all of us as we reach out to these kiddos.  Let's make it a Texas-sized celebration.  Don't forget your balloons and signs, and anything else that will make the kiddos feel welcome.

Now for the specifics...The children will arrive on Thursday, June 28, 2012.  Their flight number is AA (American) Flight #787.  It is scheduled to arrive at 10:10 p.m.  I do not have gate information at this time, but will update the information further when we are closer to their arrival.  PLEEEEZE make plans now to join us for their arrival.  I am sure it will be an encouragement to see the love of other families celebrating their arrival in Texas.

We are still busy making preparations for their arrival.  Some dear friends donated a bike to us for Elina this week.  We look forward to picking it up and having it for her when she arrives.  We continue to be involved with the whole fundraising thing...I am almost to the panic stage there.  :)  Tax deductible donations can be made at www.active.com/donate/summer2012/Myers-Partyof4.  Those who are not interested in a tax-deductible donation can make a donation at the top right of our blog using the Chip In widget.  Thanks so much for blessing the hearts and lives of these kiddos.

                                         garage sale clip art
                                           
We are planning to hold 2 yard sales to help with the fundraising effort.  If you have anything you think will sell well in a yard sale, and you live in the Midlothian/Waxahachie or Richardson/Garland areas of north Texas, please leave a comment on my blog or message me on FB and I will get back to you. 

Finally, I am not so sure anyone other than myself ever reads this blog...  Please leave a comment on our blog so I know someone, somewhere is out there reading about our adventure.  I have an Olive Garden gift card up for grabs this weekend for those who comment on my blog, share on your blog, share on FB, and/or share on Twitter.  You will receive one entry in the drawing for each of those you do.  Please comment on my blog regarding each thing that you do.  I will draw for the winner on Monday morning.  Thanks so much.  I am looking forward to hearing from each of you.....

I will leave you with one of my favorite passages of scripture.  Psalm 37:5 - Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

Have a great weekend.

Be Blessed,

Carol

9 comments:

  1. I always read your blog :) Love seeing the journey you are being put on! I just made another donation (wish I could do more) and shared it on my facbook. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize you were in Texas too!! Goooo Team Texas!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read your blog. Love how u r planning a big welcome for the kids!
    Laramie

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're moving to TX (Houston) in a few weeks... We hosted up in VA last Christmas and are glad that there are fellow host families in TX for the next time we host!! Yay for NHFC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol, your "About Me" blurb is beautiful! I see your ChipIn widget and am hopeful that you have had more donations than what are showing there. God bless you both for loving these children!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tweeted! https://twitter.com/DawnmarieUG

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shared on Facebook, too! www.fb.com/dawnmarie

    ReplyDelete
  8. :) read your blog entry. Will be praying for your fundraising!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love reading your story and so glad another family has jumped on the 'orphan hosting train'. It has many twists and turns but it is oh so worth the adventure! God bless you as you bless these 2 angels of His!

    ReplyDelete